I used my fun new Great Adventures kit to tackle Challenge #2 -- two borders, two patterned papers, two different alphas and two embellies. This checkered pp and the bright colors reminded me of a 50's diner, and seemed perfect for these photos of my granddaughter eating her creation at Cheeseburger Bobby's.
04/23/12
Challenge #1 this month asks for flowers made of 3 or more paper layers. Mine are die cut, inked, crumpled, curled and layered for this "bloom" card.
Challenge #3 -- use an old kit and stitching. Well, fortunately when a friend first told me about Scraptastic, they were having an awesome clearance sale, and I bought 3 kits that were old to the store, but new to me! I still have most of them all, as well as the current kits I've been purchasing. I have a favorite kitchen bowl that serves better than any scrapbooking tool to make big circles, so I traced it in pencil and punched holes for the stitching. The Farm Fresh sticker was perfect, since Dean was born on a farm and has fond memories of his early days there! I cut a slight curve on the memories and date stickers so they'd fit the circle better. Alphas from my stash. So here's my LO using the November Home Sweet Home kit:
Last challenge was posted Thursday, and I just finished it. Heather provided a sketch, and our interpretation just needed to include at least one circle, and some visible journaling. November kit to the rescue again. The flower stuck to the "notes" journaling block in the package; and I had to figure out how to use it that way! Autumn words and letters from my stash.
Hope more folks will be posting their challenge entries in the next few days -- I always love to see what everyone does within the same parameters!




I love how you used the checkered paper. I agree that it's very reminiscent of a 50's diner! I can't believe your granddaughter was able to get that burger in her mouth. LOL
ReplyDeletegreat layout, i love everything about it.
ReplyDeleteI just popped over to check out your take on the challenge. It looks fabulous. I love the flower and the stitching is awesome!
ReplyDeleteWow! Great job with the challenges this month. I love your flower on your card!!! I can't believe the size of that hamburger! I love the stitching you did. I am glad you are enjoying all of your new goodies that come to your door each month. Thanks for playing along. :)
ReplyDeleteWow...love how you used the Great Adventures kit on the first layout. The Check This Out sticker was perfect! Your card for the layered flowers challenge is just gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteAdele, I LOVE all of your layouts and cards that you made for this challenge! My favorite, favorite thing is your stitching... I love, love, love the stitching where it becomes a larger zigzag in places. Such a fabulous look!
ReplyDelete