Sunday, September 1, 2013

August was a great month!

First, I only participated in one of the August challenges at Scraptastic Club, but I love this sketch by Susan Stringfellow and my entry was a snap to put together:


Our niece, Michelle, got married this month and we made it up for the festivities. She was a lovely bride and although traveling is a pain anymore, we're both glad we went. I laughed myself silly with my sisters -- I think I had a sore throat for two days just from laughter! The mother of the bride was so busy I hardly saw her, but I did get at least one photo with one sister.


The really neat thing that happened to me in August was that I was the recipient of not one, not two, but three totally unexpected random acts of kindness from my scrappy friends! Jackie had an extra seat in an online class and asked if I wanted it -- yes, please! I learned some cool new tricks that I want to try, especially a journal covered in embossed and inked tape.

Then Veronica sent me a package of scrapping goodies for no other reason than I happened to be the first person to post a comment on her new blog. I can't wait to dive into this great stuff -- just look at those craft die cuts! And tags and brads and buttons, oh my!


Then right on the heels of that, and also out of a clear blue sky, Kim sent me a package of scrapping goodness:


which I've already used to make this birthday card:


and these Christmas cards for Operation Write Home:


I am always blown away by the kindness of others, especially when it's so unexpected...and from friends I only know by chatting with them in the Scraptastic Forum! They're awesome!

As for me, I just celebrated my 66th birthday. I'm trying to connect with an elementary school to do some tutoring or otherwise work with young children. And I've started working in the community garden. I like that they use organic methods and I'm learning a lot. The growing season doesn't begin here until October, so lately we've been planting seeds, pulling weeds and turning under cover crops.


On to see what September brings!


No comments:

Post a Comment