Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Mask-erade Day 5

These OnlineCardClasses.com (OCC) go so fast and I learn so much! Saturday was the final class day and the topic was heat embossing as a way to mask images. I finished two class projects today.

I remembered I had this fun "Watts Up" set with a solid light bulb, so I stamped it in light yellow and then heat embossed it in clear before adding distress inks through a stencil. Unfortunately, the bulb is about the same color as the background and you can't really tell that the heat embossing did anything other than make the bulb shiny, which is a good thing I guess! Then I wasn't happy with it as a card front, so I cut it down and added it to a patterned paper background. Better.


The last project embossed the negative space of a die cut. Leaves and a flower had a defined edge and worked pretty well before watercoloring a background. The color is a bit more vibrant than the photo shows.


There's a few more projects I may get time to try this week, but at least I got a chance to try every day's featured method. Love these classes and can't wait to see what's up next!


3 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are pretty, but your second card is a stunner! ♥ Totally in love with ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards! Really love the 2nd one!

    ReplyDelete