The January challenge was to make a layout using circles. I used the stamp that came with the kit to emboss three circular medallions, then cut them out with my stamp-edge scissors. There's another circle on the kraft tag which hopefully gives balance -- that's the idea, anyway!
My beautiful granddaughter, Lauren, is on the right, and her friend and neighbor, Elara, on the left. Elara is a little younger than Lauren, and a little older than Ashlyn, and is friends with both of them. This pretty winter day the three of them were having a fun photo shoot on the clubhouse grounds. I found lots of great photos on Facebook, including some I'll be scrapping of Ashlyn in her new red sweater, and Lauren in her new gray coat (and Elara in her cute boots).
I am completely in love with this Amish Quilt kit. The stamp is going to be a favorite of mine. And maybe it's just because I have so many winter photos right now of snow scenes, gray coats and sweatshirts and red sweaters; but I really really love these patterned papers and I'm ordering a few more to supplement what I have. I always love CC kits; but sometimes I get one that's my favorite ever, and this has to be my new favorite!

Oh wow! This is fabulous!! I love it! Great work with the kit and especially the stamp!!
ReplyDeleteI really like how you used your stamp edge scissors - they work perfect with the stamp and I also like how you balanced the bold pattern with the more subtle one.
ReplyDeletedon't you just love that stamp. I played with it this weekend!
ReplyDeleteAwesome layout Adele! You did a fabulous job with the stamp and scissors. Love how you used the mini letters! You have such a great eye for style. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteoh Adele this is FABULOUS! The colors compliment your photos so well. Love how you cut the stamp out with those "stamp edge" scissors...it really makes it look like the medallions in the paper (that's the idea I had in mind when I selected this stamp for the kit)
ReplyDeleteAdele..This is BEAUTIFUL!!! Love that stamp. TFS
ReplyDeleteAmish Quilt is definitely a favorite of mine. And can you believe I never embossed before that stamp came along? I think it changed me forever. The stamp edge scissors was genius - looks great. Those photos look made for the kit.
ReplyDeleteOh Adele! This is GORGEOUS! Love the photo and the color palette! Very clever way to use your Prima stamp!
ReplyDeleteI like the contrasting black and red circles. and that stamp is cool
ReplyDeletethis is stunning Adele !!! love the cutout "fancy" circles!!!
ReplyDeleteVery cool Adele. Love those photos with this kit!
ReplyDeleteI love what you did with the kit. Great job!!!
ReplyDeleteWoo Hoo!!! The awesome layout won you the prize!!! How exciting!!! Woo Hoo!!!
ReplyDelete