Saturday, October 1, 2011

Operation Write Home joins World Cardmaking Day!

How fun that Operation Write Home is celebrating World Cardmaking Day with a blog hop! Participants are making a holiday card, and I can't wait to be inspired by all the great cards that will be posted. I made several using die cuts and paper from the Making Memories Colorful Christmas line:


OWH is a wonderful organization that collects cards to ship to our military in Afghanistan and Iraq so that they can have something nice to write home on. I so much enjoy making cards for them, and feel like I'm doing a good turn as well! Hope you will click the link below and hop on over to see more cards!


32 comments:

  1. Very cute cards! I love the Let it Snow card and the snowman! Thank you for sharing :)

    Manda :)
    ajsarts@gmail.com
    www.ajsartsanddesigns.com
    www.ajsdigishoppe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! These are all so sweet and adorable! Thanks so much for sharing! Please hop on over to my blog and take a chance to win my Blog Candy!!

    It's open to ALL !! :)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all SO CUTE!!!

    Lauren, Paper Love
    readysetlove@me.com
    www.readysetlove.me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww my fave so far, I do like cute and sweet cards !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are so cute - love all the little folks you included! Thanks for sharing with OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of fun making holiday cards! I like the way you have used these pre made images, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great, Adele. My favorite is the snowman because the snowflakes just swirl around him in such a cute way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm ... That looks suspiciously like some of my favorite imaginisce stuff too! I love these cards, all of them! Your distressing work is great... I especially like that white on the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog during the blog hop, love your variety of cards

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great set of cards! Lovely work and so cute!

    Jen Timko

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! you were busy!! Love the bright and cheerfulness of these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely cards. Nice die cuts and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your cards, and thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of these cards are adorable! I love the retro style!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Darling cards- so many of the troops with kids will be thrilled to grab these to mail home to their kids!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are so bright & cheery - love your color schemes on these! Thank you for sharing these & for all you for OWH.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute cards; I like how some are non traditional colors; TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh, I love all these card! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG these are super adorable! Cannot pick a fav! Love the colors! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are so sweet! I can't pick a favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What great die cuts and just perfect for the kids cards that are so often in demand for OWH. This is a really cute bunch of cards. Thanks for joining in the hop and supporting Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  22. My favorite is the top left with the tag. The colors work together so well. I love the band layered in white across the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your cards are darling! I'm inspired to make cards for kids for OWH after seeing yours. I've been struggling with coming up with ideas since I have only made kids cards for specific little ones in my family.

    Thanks, too, for the kind words you posted on my blog. The ribbon tying is actually quite simple and I'll be glad to explain it to you if you'd like. Just leave another message on my blog: http://kadenserendipity.blogspot.com to let me know if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  24. your cards are always so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Adele, these are adorable!! No way to pick a favorite, I love the whimsical look!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adele, the knotted ribbon is simple. Punch 2 holes in the fold of the card about 1 inch from each side. Instead of a round punch I used the one that makes a small rectangular hole. From the inside of the card, bring ribbon ends up through each hole and pull through so you have an even amount of ribbon coming out at top of outside of card. Bring ends together and tie in a knot above and close to the center of the top of the card. Then tie a knot at each end to the ribbon where it is exiting the punched hole. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hope you don't mind I'm going to CASE one of these!

    ReplyDelete