Tuesday, December 6, 2011

OMDB challenge for Operation Write Home

Imagine my surprise to find out I was one of two random winners of a $25 gift certificate from Daily Bread Designs as a result of my entry into their November challenge for Operation Write Home! I picked out two great background stamps: a honeycomb and a doodle. ODBD goes one better than that: each month they will donate $25 towards shipping for each 25 cards posted in the OWH thread, up to $50. Last month we had 50 entries (one to a customer)! The December challenge is called "Get Sentimental", and we are to create a card where the sentiment is the main focus. Here's my entry:


The silver rectangles are my current favorite (free!) supply. I emboss coffee can liners and cut them up and mat them.

If you've never made a card for OWH, hope you will take a look at their website. It's a simple thing to do with all those bits and scraps we all have, and the cards are much appreciated by our men and women in uniform.

2 comments:

  1. Adele, how ingenious using the coffee can liners.
    Your card is so pretty and I really like your DP. This is a really lovely card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful card! I love your coffee can liner idea, how resourceful and creative! Thanks so much for you sweet comment about my card over on the Sparkle and Sprinkle blog!

    ReplyDelete