Saturday, December 31, 2011

Homemade Doggie Toy

I had a lot of fun making this toy for Muffin for her first Christmas. She loves tags and strings, so I went around the house snipping labels off of pillows, mattresses and clothing, then added bits of ribbon and string and pieces of an old toy she had destroyed (by chewing of course). My circle templates were useful to trace some circles, which I stitched together with the tags and bits hanging off the edge. I even had a chance to use some  of my decorative stitching cams that I haven't used in years. One of her old squeakers from another destroyed toy was sewn in the center.



Muffin seems to enjoy it and has already decimated that blue string. Now my entrepreneurial son wants me to market them. Hah! He forgets that I'm retired!

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome (and pretty, too!). Have you ever heard of Taggies? It's essentially the same thing for babies... fleece blankets with lots of little ribbon "tags" sewn into the seam. Apparently some babies love tags, too. Mine were never that interested, but someone sent us some of the blankets when the girls were babies, and they still play with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - If you start an Etsy shop, you really only have to make as many/few as you want to.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. adele, cute doggie toy and cute pet dog too! i'm a dog lover myself. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's SO COOL!!!! The same toy would have kept Lola entertained for hours when she was a year old- she LOVED tags!!

    ReplyDelete