Last year I tried my hand at a "year in the life" type book. The hard part was deciding on a format. I had the Yearography collection kit from Simple Stories, which made a 6x12 format a cinch. I decided to journal each month on a 5x7 sheet, and use one 3x5 photo, two 2x4 photos either vertical or horizontal, and two 2x3 photos in either direction. Each month went together pretty easily within those parameters. This was my first attempt at using my Bind-it-All to fasten the book together -- not perfect but a fair first effort.
I probably won't be bothered doing a similar project again; but I picked a great year to document because I got to travel a bit, we moved into a new home, and life is going pretty well for the moment. We call it the sweet spot!
Tried to line up these pix, but they want to go where the want to go...
I love it! I started Project Life last year (a spread per week) and I LOVE it. It's honestly the only scrapping I did in 2012. I'm still working on week 39, but I'm planning to do 2013 as well. I'm finally getting a little faster.
ReplyDelete