I couldn't do the second one as I don't have rubber cement. I will pick some up next week and try masking.
The third technique had us putting distress ink on a stamp and then misting it moderately. The first time I used too little mist. The second one I misted more heavily which blurred the words more, like the class sample:
I have another word stamp I will try when I get a chance, and I'll try using even more mist to see if I get even more of a watercolor look.
This was going pretty well, so I tried a different stamp, but didn't give it enough water to look watercolor-y. I gave it a second spritz without re-inking, and got a very faint second generation stamp on a scrap:
Also tried Hero Arts' Tiny Flags stamp. Again, it needed more spritzing.
Last, I inked up a stamp with Hero Arts daubers and misted. This came out better.
I still need to make some of these into cards and/or use the bits for die cuts. It may be several days before I get back into my craft room to play, but hopefully I can at least look at each day's lessons until then.



.jpg)

.jpg)

These will be lovely "raw materials" for your future projects! It's fun to experiment, isn't it.
ReplyDelete