Each day has several great projects, and my goal is always to create at least one card from each day of class while it is in session, and then go back and complete as many others as I can. So far I have only created projects from the first 6 days but hope to get more time this week before the Gallery closes. Here's what's up so far:
Day 1 -- word dies. This was fun. Who knew that fun foam shrinks!
Day 2 addressed flower dies but I used tags instead.
One of Day 3's project for shape dies was to create a hinged window in a card with a sentiment visible when you open the flap. Here are the inside and outside views:
On Day 4 -- mini dies -- I finished a project using negative and positive cuts to make two cards:
On Day 5 we learned ways to use coordinating die and stamp sets. I chose the project where we cut masks to leave space for stamping before coloring the background.
This Day 6 project may be my favorite so far. We simply cut a curve out of clear acetate and used it as a guide to ink swathes of color.
I have a Day 7 project in progress that I'm not thrilled with at the moment. Perhaps I'll like it better tomorrow, or think of a way to improve it.








Your cards are all so pretty! I especially like your day 4 with the mini dies. Your watercolor background is awesome!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Carol!
DeleteAdele, you made some beautyful cards! My favorites are the two star-cards from day 4 of the OCC.
ReplyDelete(No, I'm not a copy of Carol ;-) )
These lined stars... are they from papertrey ink? If yes - which size you used? I have both sets on my wish-list, just wait until another article is available again...
Thank you Wiebke for your kind words! Yes, the stars are the smaller set from Paper Trey Ink. I have both sets, but the small one seems to work better for cards. The set comes wired together and I hadn't yet clipped them apart, so I just die cut them as is.
Delete