Inked backgrounds was the Day 3 theme. The first card was watercolor over a shape stamped in gesso. I like the idea a lot, but you can barely see my stamped shape. Still, the colors are pretty.
The next background was Versamark ink stenciled over a heavy coat of ink applied directly to cardstock and dried. Mine was a total flop, as you can barely see the stencil. I set it aside to see if I could find a use for it later; but when I die cut the fun foam for the Day 2 project. I liked the look of the foam flower on blue so much that I totally changed up the project. I did do the background -- the card just looks nothing like it is meant to!
I did this next one twice with mixed results. A background is stamped in white ink and when it dries, a non-outline shape is stamped over it. The idea is that the white background will create a pattern under the new stamping. My first effort used a music stamp as the background, and you can barely see it.
The second one was more successful, using a geometric line background stamp. You can clearly see the pattern in the leaves. I do like this technique.
Tomorrow I will finish Day 4 and post them. Hope also to get time to work on Days 5, 6 and 7!




lovely cards....
ReplyDelete