Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Clean and Simple 4, Day 4

Texture was the Day 4 theme, and I had fun with these.

We started with poking holes around the shape of a die and stitching.


I liked the tone-on-tone look of the next project. I didn't have the double sided tape that the instructor used, so I tried to improvise with an old roll of carpet tape I had laying around. Oh, brother! BIG mistake! It die cut OK, but the stuff is SO sticky. It stuck to my fingers. It stuck to itself. It stuck to the card in places I didn't want it to. I managed to make this card, but some of the "happys" are a bit wonky. Needless to say I then bought some of the correct type of adhesive and I will surely try this again.


This last one is my favorite from Day 4. Texture paste through a stencil and when it's dry...more texture paste through a different stencil! This time I cut my word using the right kind of double-sided adhesive and it was easy to use and adhere.



I have a few more cards in progress from Days 5 and 6 and will hopefully get Day 5 up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment