Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Clean & Simple 4, Day 5

We learned some inking tricks on Day 5 of the Clean & Simple Card Class.

I love the way this first one turned out. The lesson was direct ink to paper (the blue circle). The cool part was the stamped concentric circles with the blue showing through. I ran the card base through an embossing folder for a little texture.


For this second card, we masked off geometric shapes with tape and then inked in the exposed cardstock.


My third project attempt was a total disaster. Laura's project is so pretty, inked by dropping reinkers on a stack of baby wipes and using that as an ink pad. I didn't have plain wipes, and I don't have that many colored reinkers, so I tried misting some partially dried up Charmin wipes with water, which didn't work at all. I do have some baby wipes with a pattern in them, so I may try again even though Laura didn't recommend the textured ones. If I do get back to it, I'll update this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment